Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My "Job"

Not long after I graduated
from high school I made and tried
to decorate a birthday cake.
It wasn't to bad I guess, considering I
didn't have a clue what to do.
Then in 1985 I made my first tiered cake,
with LOTS of help from a cake decorator friend.
(It was my grandparents 50th anniversary cake)
And the rest is history!
I have made countless cakes over the years.
For every kind of celebration there is.

Like this castle cake.
For a one year old princess!



And first communion cakes.

as well as many other kinds.
check them out here.



Over the years I only decorated for
family and friends. Working
full time left little time for too
much extra. I still kept pretty busy though.
Then came my precious girls!!
I was able to quit my full time job
to care for them. What a
dream job I have now!!
This allows me to accept more
cake decorating and is now
considered my job too. It is
truly great being able to work from home.

No comments: