Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lindy Ann

Lindy Ann is our second daughter, but OLDEST child. We knew pretty quickly after returning from China with Molly that we wanted to go again. For us and for Molly. So we applied for our second adoption in Oct06. In Apr07 we saw a photo of the most precious little girl. And that little girl became our daughter on Dec 18th, 2007.

I did not hesitate when I learned she was THREE DAYS OLDER than Molly. Having "twins" would be fun, right? Lindy's birthday is Jan 20, 2005. She is from Bengbu City, Anhui Province, China. When she came to us, just one month shy of turning 3, she was NOT happy. She screamed "NO, NO" in Chinese, protesting loudly. It was quite a change from our first time. But things went smoothly after she realized we had food. She is a little sweetheart and our family is now complete with this gem.

Today she is an average sized kid who loves to hold and care for her baby. She is smaller than Molly, but is growing fast. She almost weighs as much but is a few inches shorter. She loves to eat!

Her name did not come easily for us. After what seemed like months we decided on Lindy Ann. Lindy is a mixture of people. My middle name is Lynn and my MIL's name is Dee. Then Ann is my mom's middle name. So she is named after both grandma's and her mom.

She loves her younger yet bigger sister. She acts a little lost when they are separated. She wants to do and say everything Molly does and is one step behind her at all times. Her favorite words are "me too".

2 comments:

Tana Sue Hargett said...

Yipee........Another place to follow you guys. Looks good Sherry. I am sure that you are having fun with it. The girls pictures are really cute. Can't wait to come back and read some more.

Lonna said...

I love these pix with the mirrors, your girls look so cute and peaceful. They are very photogenic!!!!
I finally got access by using George's email and then adding a portion of Panda's Chinese name to my password. Lonna