Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fried Chicken--Legs

These girls are going to eat us out of house and home!! I honestly don't know where they put all the food they eat. The teacher says they eat like they are starving at school (I feed them breakfast) and they always eat a good lunch too.
Today after lunch we went to the park. The wind was blowing but it was in the 70's. The girls played all over but the slide was the favorite today. I took a book, found a park bench near the play area and let them run like little wild women! They had a ball sitting & sifting through the rocks. I bet they did that for 45 minutes!! And dissecting acorns was another fascination today.
I had fried chicken legs before we went today. Lindy is watching me take them from the pan.... "what you cookin mom?" .... "fried chicken legs" ...... "yeah, that's my favorite". (I wish I could add her little voice with it's accent, so cute)



So for supper we had her favorite! Actually she ate two! Along with mashed potatoes, green beans and corn.
They both cleaned their plates! I'm telling you they have hollow legs or something! I guess all that play makes a girl hungry. (and they were fast asleep by 7:45)

No comments: