Saturday, January 10, 2009

Giggling Girl

It's a COLD rainy Saturday here in our neck of the woods. I am cooped up with two little girls who are pretty restless. We are playing and watching cartoons. Lindy has watched Rudolf once already! I'm afraid we are going to have to watch Christmas videos all year long. We are doing alot of joking, laughing and snuggling today. It is really cold so the blankets are out, piled on the floor. I'm thinking we will make a tent/fort later. That should make them happy for a while.

It is hard to believe that January is already a third over. Time is racing by. Sometimes I wish I could freeze the moments while these girls are little. My DH & I were discussing the need (or not) of me returning to a part time job sooner than we thought. We need a little more income, but the girls need me as well. So, for now, we are going to buckle down even more and try it longer. Like my DH said, "you can't get this time with them back". Oh, how true it is. So I am trusting that God will lead us down the right path ....... FAITH! (read yesterday's post)


(scroll to bottom to pause the music)

Yesterday the girls and I met a group of friends in Evansville. It's a bunch (whoever can make it that day) of mom's with adopted kids. We usually meet at a kid friendly place, it's called "playgroup". Yesterday, right after school, we met them at Pizza Hut. They have a huge indoor play land. The kids had a ball, I forced them to go after being there 2-1/2 hours. We also went to the party store. The girls got to pick out party "stuff" for their upcoming birthday party. They both choose Hello Kitty. They can't wait until then. It's a cake & ice cream party next Saturday with family here at home. Molly is x'ing off the days! I guess that means I should be cleaning the house. But with TWO soon to be four year olds it's impossible for it to stay clean! Oh well *sigh*!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest thing ever....i love her giggle!