Sunday, February 1, 2009

Remebering.....

February 1, 2006
We left Louisville airport at 5 (something) AM on a flight to Newark NJ. The top photo is Dave & I waiting for that flight. My parents had driven us there the night before and we all stayed in a hotel because we had to get up at 3 AM! They were there to see us off. It was hard to get on that plane, but I couldn't wait either. Does that make sense? We were a bit scared of what we were doing and where we were going.
We had a 3 or 4 hour layover in Newark. We found our gate, then looked for a snack. The bottom picture is our ride to China! It was the biggest plane I've ever seen. All I could think about was how in the world it even got off the ground! Anyway, as the morning passed our travel group started joining us at the gate. There were 15 other families traveling with us. It was great that we were not alone.
We boarded and flew out around 12:30 or so. We flew west over Canada and Alaska, even coming close to the North Pole. Sleep did not come easy for me. I had took puzzle books and magazines, but I couldn't concentrate on anything. My mind was on our little girl who would soon leave her orphanage and be placed in our arms forever. What would she be like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sherry,
Oh I loved your latest blog entry...such wonderful memories. Do you do anything special for Gotcha Day? We don't have anything planned yet. Usually cupcakes or something. ;)

Denise