Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1 Corinthians 13:11



When I become man, I put aside childish things.




As I read this passage I think of a child. How children love their toys, food and clothes. The love is so deep that they don't want to share. This is normal for some children. Unfortunately this behavior continues into adulthood for some. I don't believe this is what God wants for us. I also don't think God is necessarily talking about possessions in this verse. I believe He wants us to stand on our own two feet, take charge of our own actions, make good decisions and face our fears. Being someone that God created you to be!






1. Today & every day I am thankful for my parents. They are an inspiration to me and my children. They show us unconditional love and support. They keep providing in many ways, even when they don't have to. We love you!




2. I am thankful for the doctors who were able to make mom's back better. She was bed ridden and now able to be walk and play with her grandchildren again. We are glad you are back mom.




3. I am thankful for the teachers that recognized my reading problem as a young child. They found a way to help me and now I love reading. There is nothing better than a good Christian novel before bedtime. It keeps my sane!




4. I am thankful for our sisters & brothers, their spouses and all the kids. They have supported our adoption journey totally and love our girls unconditionally.




5. And as we celebrate another gotcha day anniversary, I am thankful for the memories. Our trips to China were amazing. The saying goes: "we went on a vacation of a lifetime, and came home with the ultimate souvenir". I find this saying funny, although I don't consider the girls "souvenirs", like a t shirt or coffee mug! I do "claim" them as mine though! My sweet little china dolls!

No comments: